When all the land of Egypt was famished, the people cried to Pharaoh for bread. Pharaoh said to all the Egyptians, “Go to Joseph. What he says to you, do.” So when the famine had spread over all the land, Joseph opened all the storehouses…Moreover, all the earth came to Egypt to Joseph to buy grain…
Genesis 41:55-57, ESV
God has been moving the Church at large this new year into a new season of growth and depth of revelation of Christ. Recently, I was reminded of a prophetic word that God had given me at the end of 2011, for this year of 2012. I’ve become stirred in my spirit as I’ve been reminded of this word and how it seems that God is fulfilling His promise.
The key phrase that God really impressed upon me at the end of 2011 for 2012, was from this passage from Genesis, “Joseph opened all of the storehouses.”
In order for the storehouses in 2012, to be opened, God must give us the keys to unlock the door. Jeremiah 33:3 says, “Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not know.”
Paul, in his letter to the Corinthians says, “But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God…What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined…” (1 Cor 2:7,9, ESV)
It is God’s desire to open His spiritual storehouses and release into our lives the fullness of the riches contained in those storehouses. It is up to us as to whether or not we will yield and enter in to His fullness.
If I gave you a brand new home full of artwork and valuables worth millions of dollars, more than likely, you will do your best to enter that house. But, the only way you can get in is if I give you the key to the door. However, as believers, God is giving us free access to these great riches, and sadly, many of us are still on the outside peering through the window.
Here is a highlight of the specific word God had given me in 2011 for 2012, based on the life of Joseph:
1. There would be an increase of spiritual activity and awareness: Dreams, visions, prophetic ministry, etc. God gave Joseph through Pharaoh’s dream, wisdom on how to prepare for the coming famine.
2. Forgetting the Past & Stepping Into God’s Fullness: Joseph named his son Manasseh, meaning “For God has made me forget all my hardship and all my father’s house.” Isaiah 54:4 says we will forget the shame of our youth, meaning we are stepping into spiritual maturity and adulthood.
3. A season of enlargement, abundance and provision: Joseph named his second son Ephraim. Isaiah 54–we are to enlarge our tent. The things that afflicted you in 2011 are the things that God will use to fertilize the seeds that produce fruit in 2012.
4. Increase of Souls into the Kingdom: Pharaoh during the time of the famine, sent everyone to Joseph saying, “What he tells you, do.” This will be a year of supernatural favor with the lost.
5. The abundance that flowed from the storehouse into the lives of the people was in direct proportion to what they put into the storehouse. Malachi describes our spiritual storehouse as the local church. What has been invested into the local church and into the kingdom of heaven, will be returned in spiritual riches as well as financial breakthrough.
All of these points are a description for what will happen as the storehouses are opened. The keys to these storehouses have been released and I believe that already in 2012, we are seeing the fulfillment of these things. Here are the five areas I believe that God is releasing into the Church:
1. He’s restoring His tabernacle, or local church and His people to be a dwelling place for His presence. The focus is shifting from performance and functioning under the law into the place of grace and free access into the Holy of Holies as a lifestyle.
2. He’s unlocking or restoring the revelation of the Authority or Priesthood of the Believer through a proper understanding of the Believer’s call and commission. It is no longer satisfactory to be a “Christian” in speech only. Believers are realizing their need to be carriers of the Kingdom of Heaven, not just spectators in His kingdom.
3. He’s releasing a new emphasis on revelatory teaching that enables believers to connect their life with the life of Christ to experience His presence and his Authority in a greater way. Teaching is no longer about just practical self-help, but there’s an understanding that as Jesus said, “You Shall Receive Power.” (Acts 1:8). The disciples were already moving in signs and wonders, but now they had a revelation of Christ, His Calling, & His Commission for their lives personally. It was now time to teach others.
4. As these things are happening, there is coming a release of this Kingdom Authority and Ministry from the Believer that will bring God’s manifest presence into ordinary, daily life. The expectation will no longer be for a supernatural manifestation in services only, but now in every avenue of life.
5. As all of these things take place, there is a new release of gifts of leadership and administration to accommodate the souls coming into the kingdom, and to accommodate the depth and level of ministry taking place.
I pray that today’s post is an encouragement for you and provides supernatural insight to what God is doing in your life and His Kingdom. God is speaking–can you hear Him? There’s a wave of glory building…let’s ride the wave!